United Kingdom - Greater Manchester, WarringtonJob Summary
AECOM are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our established Water, Ports & Power team in the Warrington office situated on Birchwood Park.
We are actively looking to expand our team with the appointment of a Senior Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for staff are highly motivated and who can apply their skills as an individual or as part of a team to deliver projects to the benefit of our Clients. Inherently the projects are multi-disciplinary and may be at any stage in the project life cycle. Our projects range from client consultancy support to complete turn-key solutions.
You will be responsible for delivery of Mechanical design & engineering within that department, including the production of design documentation, design substantiation, as well as checking and approval of the work of other engineers & designers.
We are looking for individuals with the ability to lead, mentor and develop a team, who are capable of growing our Mechanical business. Determination and drive to succeed is essential, as is the ability to develop strong networks with our clients and within our organisation.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will carry out specific design tasks to meet the time, cost and quality requirements of projects. This may include but not be limited to;
- Attending client meetings
- Testing and commissioning activities
- Checking and approving deliverables of other team members
- Participate in the identification of User Requirement specifications;
- Participate in the production of Technical Requirements Documents
- Process definitions and drawings
- Hand sketches
- 3D scheme models
- Functional calculations
- Design risk assessments
- Directive compliance assessments
In addition to Senior Mechanical Engineer duties, the successful candidate may be required to both manage and project report on their package of work. Additional responsibilities may include the client interface, preparation of bids and proposals and then managing the delivery of the projects in accordance with AECOM's quality, safety and environmental procedures.
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
Your previous experience will demonstrate competency in a number of the following areas:
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of complex, high specification packaged systems, pumps, compressors, cranes etc.
- Ideally you will have some previous experience within nuclear, defence, petro-chemical, offshore or equivalent, highly regulated application fields.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the
- ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Experience in leading multi-discipline engineering teams in high specification environments
- To be conversant with legislation and regulations applicable to the role
- Experience of detail design generation including;
- 3D detail models
- Detail functional calculations
- Detail design risk assessments
- Directive compliance assessments
- Experience in the production of manufacturing documentation such as; 2D part, fabrication and assembly drawings, Factory acceptance tests, Method statements, Operation, maintenance and installation manuals, Functional calculations, Design risk assessments, Directive compliance assessments
- Previous experience in the Detail design generation including; 3D detail models, Detail functional calculations, Detail design risk assessments
Your benefits will include:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MechanicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.