United Kingdom - , Birmingham - UKJob Summary
We are looking for a very experienced electrical engineer to play a key role in the T&D business unit in AECOM in the UK. You will need to have a broad experience across many of the sub-disciplines in high voltage engineering to at least 400kV with expert skills in at least one of the key sub-sectors. Ideally you will have a good knowledge of the emerging trends and technology impacting the sector. A consultancy background is preferred but not essential. The role is preferably based in either of our central Bristol or Cardiff offices but we are happy to consider applicants working out of London, Chesterfield or Edinburgh.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of T&D and will deputise when needed. In the position you will be directly responsible for developing the T&D business which is poised for rapid growth with a strong pipeline of major projects.The Team:
Our T&D team primarily focuses on the management, design and supervision of electrical power projects at both transmission and distribution voltages ranging from 1kV to greater than 500kV.
We operate as a virtual team across 7 offices in the UK & Ireland, with the wide variety of skills required to meet the demands of our wide range of Clients, with multi-office project teams being established as necessary. As a team we provide a broad range of services in the sector covering substations, overhead lines, cables at both transmission and distribution level, HVDC systems, subsea interconnectors, specialist network studies, earthing and lightning protection design, renewable generation grid connection and balance of plant design, EV and electrification of heat infrastructure, plus others.Examples of current projects include:
- Design and studies of black-start installations based on emerging technologies for National Grid
- Pre-contract stage Owners Engineer services for one of the longest and deepest HVDC interconnector projects in Europe.
- Design of transmission infrastructure for National Grid cable tunnel projects.
- Studies and grid connection applications for a variety of renewable generation projects
- Providing engineering support to a variety of decarbonisation projects for Network Rail.
- Design of the transmission infrastructure for one of the largest development projects in the Middle-East.
The requirements of the role are very flexible and will be adapted to best suit your individual skills and attributes. However, it will require you to:
- Establish and build Client relationships
- Contribute to leading and developing the team
- Provide thought leadership and industry profile
- Win new work in new markets
- Deliver projects for key Clients
- You will need to do this while embracing AECOM's safety, environmental, quality and project management systems.
The role is part of a succession plan and offers the right candidate opportunities to develop their career into senior leadership in AECOM.Minimum Requirements
- Experience of design or management in at least one of the following areas is required. Additionally, broader experience across several of the following areas would be advantageous:
- National Grid or other transmission system owner/operat
Your benefits will include:
- Minimum of BSc/BEng Electrical Engineering (Hons) or MEng.
- Be a Chartered Engineer (or eligible for Chartered status).
- Experience of working at EHV transmission voltages
- Strong leadership
- Strong customer facing skills.
- An ability to work flexibly across a broad range of projects
- The vision and skills to apply emerging technologies to meet new project requirements
- Previous experience as a consultant would be advantageous.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Cardiff, UK - Edinburgh - Tanfield, UK - London - Aldgate TowerClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.