United States of America - Texas, DallasJob Summary
AECOM is looking for a seasoned Environmental Texas Initiative Lead to join the team in our Dallas, TX office. Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- As an individual consultant, is a recognized leader and authority in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- As a staff specialist, serves as a technical specialist for inside and outside individual's office.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on individual's technical interpretations and advice.
- Reports events and activities to senior management and elected and appointed officials.
- Represents the organization on regional/local boards.
- Implements General Plan or other planning projects.
- Evaluates planning-related legislation and applicability to department projects.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed planning products.
- Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty, a type of facility, industry, equipment or program function
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees specialized planning functions, such as large-scale new development proposals and environmental studies.
- Provides management of IE-related planning issues
- Provides mentorship and guidance to environmental staff
- Acts as a liaison between teams in different phases of project development, such as, schematic/environmental, PSE, and construction
- Leads environmental projects and multi-disciplinary teams in delivery quality deliverables
- Leads and directs staff to identify business development opportunities throughout the State of Texas.
- Works jointly with regional leadership to build business opportunities within the State of Texas and specific submarkets within the state.
- BA/BS in related science field plus 10 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
What We Offer
- MS degree in related sciences plus eight years of direct experience
- Experience completing NEPA documentation for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- TxDOT Pre-Certified in 2.1.1 Traffic Noise, 2.3.1 Wetland Delineation, 2.4.1 Nationwide Permit, 2.6.1 Protected Species Determination (Habitat), 2.14.1 Environmental Documentation
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.