United States of America - Texas, DallasJob Summary
Are you ready to work with and build your career with a recognized world-wide leader in the Transportation / Civil Engineering work space? Are you ready to put your highway design abilities to work on marquee transportation and infrastructure design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community?
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Highway Engineer for immediate employment in Dallas / Ft. Worth, Texas area. The appropriately qualified applicant should be able to demonstrate an established career in civil design including Drainage. This position will be responsible for assisting Project Managers with planning, designing, and overseeing civil engineering projects, such us highways, bridges, surface drainage, and utilities infrastructure.
In this role, the Civil Engineer will assist Project Managers by performing the design aspects of civil engineering assignments.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design
elements for engineering works.
Minimum RequirementsBA/ BS + 4 YOE or AA/AS + 6 YOEPreferred Qualifications
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering license in the U.S.
- 6+ years relevant professional work experience in support of transportation design of interstates and highways
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MicroStation and InRoads software
- Proficient with AASHTO and State DOT design methods, standards, and specifications.
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Texas
- Drainage design experience with TxDOT projects, Microstation , Geopak, HY-8, Geopak Drainage, Open Roads, SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS
- Experience with Open Channel Flow (ditch design), Culvert and Storm sewer design, Drainage area delineation, detention pond design, bridge deck drainage design
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Transportation - Roads + HighwaysBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Fort Worth, TX - 801 Cherry Street, Suite 1050Clearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.