United Kingdom - Surrey, CroydonJob Summary
Are you an Electrical Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects? We have an exciting career role in our established Water business, based in either of our South East or South West Teams.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects across the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients:
- Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
- Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
- Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery from Thames Tideway Tunnel to 'runway 2' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
You will join our technical discipline team and wider technical practice network, enabling you to build your knowledge, skills and career with like-minded engineers globally.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work closely with our Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature.
You will see delivery through from conception to handover. You will be responsible for the design of electrical installations typically including municipal water and wastewater pumping stations, ventilation systems, penstocks and valves, odour control systems, ICA design, preparing schedules and deliverables such as URS, FDS, single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, I/O schedules, load/instrument/equipment schedules and system architecture drawings. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders.
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.Minimum Requirements
Required/Essential Skills & Experience
- Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
- Lead and mentor a small team of engineers and technicians with line manager responsibilities.
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Experience using a 3D Design tool and other proprietary software products
- Project management experience
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
- Input into process and instrument diagrams, control philosophy and HAZOP reviews
- Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
Your benefits will include:
- A degree or equivalent in electrical engineering
- Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, IET
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Basingstoke, UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Exeter, UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.