United States of America - Virginia, HerndonJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking for a Construction Safety Manager for employment in the following locations:
- Omaha, NE
- Reno, NV
- Tulsa (for Mayes County, OK)
- Des Moines, IA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Indianapolis, IN
- Columbus, OH
- Herndon, VA
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under minimal direction supervises personnel engaged in the ES&H functions within the company or on the same project.
- Implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with ES&H requirements of the organization.
- Supervises personnel engaged in monitoring and preventing hazards and diseases that could be present throughout the work sites.
- Provides technical leadership and functional guidance to ensure regulatory standards are being enforced.
- Ensures that quality control procedures are executed to monitor all aspects of regulations.
- Serves in a liaison capacity with the resident contract agency representative and other various agencies engaged in promoting environmental safety and health activities.
- Drafts all necessary reports to Federal, State and local agencies.
- Coordinates audits of ES&H programs within the organization.
- Keeps informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations. Assists in the development and conducts basic ES&H training to employees.
- Communicates programs to enhance employee awareness of prevention and compliance.
- May administer an ES&H program on a large, specialized, complex project or multiple projects.
- Bachelors Degree + 8 years of relevant experience or AA/AS + 10 years of relevant experience or HS/GED + 12 years of relevant experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security pre-employment background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in indoor and outdoor environments with uneven terrain and variable conditions including heat, cold, noise, and working in the presence of heavy, moving, dangerous equipment; position requires frequent standing/walking, vehicle operation, stair climbing and keyboard/mouse operations; often performing repetitive bending & stooping; occasionally using portable ladders, and lifting less than 25 pounds or less; rarely working with arms above shoulder level, power gripping/squeezing (and tools, levers, etc.), working at heights, performing repetitive or fine hand movements, and lifting 25 to 50 pounds. Position will include wearing associated personal protective equipment.
What We Offer
- OSHA 30 - Construction Safety course completion, additional training in electrical safety, vertical construction, LOTO
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Safety / HealthBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Broken Arrow, OK - 3301 W DELMAR, US - Columbus, OH - 277 West Nationwide Blvd, US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel Road, US - Des Moines, IA - 500 SW 7th St, US - Indianapolis IN 3529 - 3531 Southeastern Avenue, US - Omaha, NE - 12120 Shamrock Plaza, US - Phoenix, AZ - 11 South Central Aveune, US - Reno, NVClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.