United Kingdom - , CroydonJob Summary
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play an important role within our growing M&E team. Increasing demands for our services have created an opportunity in Croydon and/or St Albans and another in Bristol and/or Exeter to be involved in the delivery of major capital schemes and refurbishments within the water, industrial and energy market sectors.
In particular we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, capable of working independently where required, and also able to assist leading design or project teams. Key responsibilities will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the design of mechanical installations typically including municipal water and wastewater pumping stations, ventilation systems, penstocks and valves, odour control systems, pipework.Minimum Requirements
- BSc, BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in producing technical specifications, and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary projects from proposals and initial studies through to full design and construction management is required.
- Knowledge of the following within the municipal water/drainage industry; Pumps and pumping systems: Pipework systems, Ventilation systems, Hydraulic systems.
- Experience of water and wastewater treatment work projects.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams, and able to mentor junior staff from a range of professional backgrounds.
- Experience of developing specifications.
- Experience of delivering detail design work within a team including CAD staff.
- Excellent communication skills and able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles at all levels.
- Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages.
- Chartered Member of IMechE or equivalent - or working towards chartership
- Experience in HAZOP, HAZID, DSEAR and SWIFT processes
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MechanicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.