United Kingdom - Greater London, CroydonJob Summary
Due to ongoing strong and varied project opportunities, AECOM is looking to employ an experienced Project Manager to work within our thriving Power and Energy Sector. The successful individual will lead project teams at all stages of the project lifecycle from project inception to closeout. This will include Proposals and Bids, Pre-FEED, FEED, detail design and implementation of Power and Energy projects nationally and internationally.Job Duties:
Client Relationship :
- Successfully deliver the project to the satisfaction of the client and AECOM.
- Lead responsibility for the quality of project delivery
- Provide Health, Safety and Environmental leadership through the project delivery.
Project Planning & Execution :
- Promote a client-centric culture across the project team.
- Regularly meet with the client to confirm that client's project expectations are satisfied.
- Responds to client feedback and takes action as appropriate.
- Effectively manage change with the client and the project team.
Financial Management :
- Prepare and execute the Project Plan during the opportunity and contracted phases including Project close out.
- Understand and mitigate for project and business risk.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly project reviews; manage and execute resulting action items.
- Foster the capture and sharing of knowledge and lessons learned to support continuous improvement.
- Maintain the AECOM project management and reporting system.
Technical Management :
- Guide and oversee the establishment of the project governance structure and review with the AECOM management.
- Confirm that project cost and revenue is current and accurately reflects the anticipated project financial outcomes.
- Manage the project cash performance.
Project Team Management :
- Assign and manage excellent project technical outcomes for the client.
- Ensure the execution of the project deliverables is consistent with the Project Plan.
- Ensure that technical and quality reviews are established and administered.
- Actively participate in the AECOM technical network practice groups.
- Facilitate and coordinate cross discipline and inter-office work activities.
- Effectively manage project team and technical interfaces.
- Provide timely and effective guidance to project team members.
- Mentor project team members in furtherance of their professional development.
- Accurately determines skill sets needed to accomplish required tasks; identifies and assigns or procures internal and external project team members accordingly.
- Foster positive project team morale.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Health and Safety in design and construction; leading a positive health and safety culture.
- Project management and Technical Experience within one or more of the following industries LNG to Power industry, Power Generation and Waste to Energy industries, Power distribution, Nuclear and Green Energies.
- Demonstrate good exposure / experience to construction site works.
- Good understanding of contracts and commercial aspects of projects including negotiations.
- Extensive experience in using project management tools.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal and communication skills amongst colleagues, clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers etc.
- A positive, proactive team player who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues, contractors and clients to deliver complex and challenging multidisciplinary projects.
Bachelors of Degree in Engineering fieldYour benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Edinburgh - Tanfield, UK - Leeds, UK - London - Aldgate Tower, UK - Manchester - 1 New York Street, UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.