United States of America - Texas, AustinJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Civil Engineer - Water Resources
for immediate employment in our Austin, Texas location to support our Water Resources practice. This position is expected to start in October 2020.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The primary responsibilities include:
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling using various software program
- Analysis and design of stormwater drainage system, bridge and culvert design, dams & levees, flood plains, etc.
- Write technical report and technical memorandum
- Field work for site reconnaissance
- Provide assistance with Project Management
- Mentoring and training junior level staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Face to face interaction with clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Water Resources engineering + 4 years of relevant experience
What We Offer
- Master Degree is preferred
- Professional Engineer in Texas (or ability to obtain PE license within 6 months of hire
- 8+ year of relevant water resource related experience
- 8+ years experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling concept and principles;
- 8+ years experience with hydrologic and hydraulic models (HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS)
- Demonstrated proficiency in ArcGIS
- Strong analytical and computation skill
- Knowledge of civil engineering design principles Knowledge of GIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.