United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a remote Sr Cloud Services Architect to join our corporate IT department. This is a virtual remote position and can be located near any of our major US locations.
The Senior Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of AECOM's business initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms.
The position reports into the Sr Director, Global IT Infrastructure and lead the Cloud Services team to provide architectural leadership and best practices. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. The position requires strong leadership and teambuilding skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct product work reviews with team members
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- 10 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience with AWS and VMWare enterprise implementations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As a member of the corporate team, you will work remotely with professionals at our headquarters in Century City, California and in business offices around the world to advance AECOM's global strategies and priorities. With positions around the globe, the Corporate team includes finance, legal, human resources, information technology, marketing and communications, and real estate functions.
AECOM Around the World video
Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study and 10+ years or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft O365 cloud hosting environments preferred
- Current AWS certification is preferred although solid demonstrated experience with EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Lambda, RDS, and Storage Gateway would meet requirements
- Experience with development and automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Python, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience managing operating system basics in the context of system design and deployment
- Experience managing on-premise data center workloads, processes, and methodologies
- Experience managing and migrating into IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and DBaaS platforms
- A demonstrable record of designing and deploying technology initiatives and delivering outstanding results
- Experience in IT infrastructure and applications development; ability to understand IT and client technical requirements
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
What We Offer
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Information TechnologyBusiness Line
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.