United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking an Engineering Intern to be based in Houston, TX.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunities for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
This position is expected to begin in May 2021.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega-project, life-sustaining, and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project life cycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Note: Sponsorship assistance will not be available for candidates outside US .Minimum Requirements
- Lighting & Power plan layouts and circuiting
- Fire Alarm, Security, IT, and AV plan layouts
- Short Circuit and voltage drop calculations
- Mechanical duct-work/piping calculations and layout
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field with the intent to continue enrollment after an internship
- Must have completed two years of study in the applicable program
What We Offer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow direction and manage specific tasks to completion
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Willing to work a variety of tasks alone or as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Intern / StudentRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.