Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanic in Jackson, MS area . **Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to relocate***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
The Mechanic will perform a variety of duties regarding installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and overhauling of machinery and/or mechanical equipment including but not limited to reciprocating gas compressors, natural gas fired engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps.
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the firm's equipment, including compressors and motors.
- Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal supervision
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations is properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained.
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures.
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid State Driver's license
- General Field Mechanic Knowledge required
- Oil and Gas Mechanic knowledge required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.