Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for a Staff Technical Product Manager to join the team in Mumbai, India who will be responsible to direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as features / stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.Essential Responsibilities:
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
Duties shall include the following, but are not limited to:
- Align stakeholders around the vision for the product and develop competitive analysis.
- Proficient to work as a Product Owner in Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodology.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products
- Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Collaborate with UX in design decisions, demonstrating deep understanding of technology stack and impact on final product
- Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
- Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Experience working in Agile engineering environment
- Familiarity with versatile implementation options, including Java, Node.js, Go, Python.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.