Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Skills: Dispatcher, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
The Systems Operations Department in the Power Delivery Business Unit is seeking a Power Coordinator - 1 T/S to join their team at the LeJeune Flagler Office.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching resources to economically balance load and generation in order to meet real time system conditions.
If this sounds like an exciting career path, feel free to apply!
This job is responsible for scheduling and dispatching resources to economically balance load and generation in order to meet real-time system conditions and to comply with applicable regulatory requirements and NERC reliability standards. Employees in this role evaluate and approve OASIS requests and Tags for performing energy accounting functions. This position performs next-day generation planning function and certain system operator functions whenever the on-shift System Operator is away from desk.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs load forecast in order to optimize the generation dispatch mix
• Projects dispatch needs for the hours-ahead and update the Dispatch Plan to ensure sufficient generation resources are available to meet generation requirements while minimizing production costs
• Runs Economy A program to provide EMT with generation and cost projections to be used for economy purchases and sales
• Dispatches economically the generation resources in real-time to minimize cost and maintain load-generation balance in the balancing area
• Coordinates committing, decommitting and outages of power plants with System Operators and PGBU
• Ensures rapid recovery from loss of generation to comply with NERC requirements
• Verifies all purchases, sales and wheeling schedules in the interchange transaction system
• Performs hourly and on-peak/off-peak energy accounting functions with adjacent balancing authorities
• Determines, develops, provides, and submits/modifies monthly Tags for dynamic schedules
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Ability to work a varied schedule/rotating shift/evening/weekends/holidays as required
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Associate's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:3+ years
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Miami, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Job Segment: Power Systems, Energy