Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Petroplan are currently recruiting for an expereicne Static Equipment Engineer for a client in South East Asia.
Detail of requirements include:
- Experience required minimum 10 years in relevant section of Refinery or petrochemicals with prior experience in engineering/mechanical/pressure equipment under boiler code fabrication (eg ASME VIII division 1 & 2, CODAP 2000, AD MERKBLATT etc)
- Engaged in actual field operation for minimum 7 years which includes not only on stream plant but also trouble-shooting, projects and preparation for daily and turnaround maintenance.
- Require specialized skills in piping circuits and international standards including API, ASME VIII Div 1&2, EEMUA, NORSOK, DNV, ASTM, NACE, AWS, AWWA, EURONORM, PED, ISO 9001 standards inspection and international inspection codes and standards.
- Capability to assume the role of site Mechanical Technical Authority for design
- Excellent Knowledge of Materials selection for fabrication and repair
- Experience of Common welded and bolted fabrication methods
- Excellent Knowledge of stress calculation with PV ELITE and Finite element software packages
- Excellent Knowledge of degradation mechanisms (Fatigue, corrosion, HIC etc)
- Knowledge of Repairs in common crude oil refineries according to ASME PCC2
- Ability to calculated Nozzle stresses analysis on pressure equipment
- Ability to perform Fitness for Service according to API 579 or BS7910
- Experience in project mechanical new build design of static equipment and process including SOW writing, technical queries, technical authority waivers issuance
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.