Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Schlumberger CyberSecurity Team is looking for a CyberSecurity Automation & Machine Learning Engineer to join the CyberSecurity Core Asset Engineering Team. The CyberSecurity Automation & Machine Learning Engineer position requires requirement/information gathering, analytics aptitude, problem-solving & solution engineering skills and team spirit to minimize and/or neutralize risk at a faster and more efficient rate. The CyberSecurity Automation & Machine Learning Engineer is working closely with the "frontlines" CyberSecurity Operations. Incumbents constantly monitor the environment for signs of trouble using our deployed CyberSecurity Tools and are often the first point of contact when a high-risk alert is issued, or a suspected attack begins to affect business operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement the automated processes using either our Security Information & Event Management (SIEM - Splunk) or Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR - Demisto) tool.
- Test, design and implement any new request from the Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) with regards to the Data Ingestion or Dashboard Creation or Automation Request.
- Analyze all the resolved incidents and as appropriate/possible propose to automate the resolution processes and/or to implement preventive measures to minimize or nullify the threads based on information and knowledge/experience from Schlumberger and Industry best practices.
- Create, design, test and optimize any new Splunk searches as well as existing Splunk Searches to ensure that these searches are running optimally (to avoid any performance issues due to any additional unnecessary load on the Splunk Infrastructure).
- Using machine learning to implement more complicated Splunk searches to address the more complicated uses cases for Cyber Security Detections.
- Identifying processes to be automated through use of systems and scripts.
- Working with CyberSecurity Operation Center (CyberSOC) Analysts to create and deploy scripts as needed.
- Capable of working unsupervised and able to interact with CyberSecurity Operation Center Analysts to automate the resolution processes, and to elaborate corresponding documentation to enrich the corporate security policies and processes.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships among multiple different teams.
- Document any deployed solutions (such as dashboard creation design, software upgrade procedures, etc.) in a central documentation repository
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in IT, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum Two or more years in Networks, Application Development, Security & Incident Response
- Advanced English Level. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Splunk or SIEM
- Good knowledge of Demisto or other security orchestration (SOAR) tool
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience in Incident Response
- Strong Technical Troubleshooting
- Networking Knowledge
- Operating System Knowledge
- Good Analytical, Problem Solving, Solution skills, Out of the box thinker
- Change management
- Innovation skills and vision
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.