Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bogota, Colombia
The Security Operations Center - Analyst is responsible for Identify, analyze, communicate, defend, and contain information security incidents.
*The ideal candidate must be legally autorized to work and located in Colombia
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various computer network defense tools, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, host-based security systems (HBSS), etc.
- Correlates network activity across networks to identify trends of unauthorized use
- Researches emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of incidents
- Analyze the results of the monitoring solutions, asses and correlate the output using automated systems. Conduct triage, event correlation, classification and analysis of these events such that incidents are investigated and logged or followed-up using the existing information risk incident management processes
- Provide pro-active feedback which will enable improvement of the current monitoring rules, based on information and knowledge/experience from Schlumberger and Industry best practices.
- Capable of working unsupervised, but able to interact and give direction to business and IT teams in line within established corporate security policies and processes.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships team members
- Demonstrates the ability to drive for creative, innovative ways to solve problem or minimize risk
- Consultative skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Focused and results oriented
- Ability to react quickly, decisively and deliberately in high-stress, high-impact situations
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weight the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security
- Or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Technology, or a closely related field AND Cyber Security Experience or certified coursework (e.g. SANS, GIAC, ISACS, etc.)
- Information Security Experience:
- 1-2 years (or appropriate internships for at least three months if fresh out of college)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early/late shift, weekends, and public holiday
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
- Keen to continue self-development
Technical skills required:
- Information Security tools & packet analyses tools (e.g. CB, Wireshark)
- Intrusion Detection (e.g. IDS/IPS tools)
- Firewall (e.g. Pato Alto Networks)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) - Splunk is preferred
- Strong Windows and Linux administration experience
- Programming/Scripting tools (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Internet Protocols and Services (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, HTTPS, SSH)
- Networking infrastructure (Cisco is preferred)
- Vulnerability Testing tools (e.g. Nessus, Kali)
- Network scanning tools (e.g. NMAP)
- Awareness of SCADA / IIoT technologies
- Log analysis/ Windows event analysis
- Network and Host forensics
- Malware analysis and memory analysis
- Antivirus solutions, virus outbreak management and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
- SharePoint and PowerBI experience is an advantage
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analyses skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.