Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
The PowerBI/SSAS Junior Software expert acts as the reference to provide technical expertise through BI developments in general using SSAS, Power BI, PowerBI Services in an Azure context. He/She provides inputs& vision to SSAS and PowerBI standards and guidelines. He/She performs activities of understanding BI architecture definition, design, development, unit testing, deployment and short-term warranty support. The role demands to lead by example, by demonstrating a positive attitude and team focus and by sharing knowledge and expertise with team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates a culture of integrity and compliance
- Inspires and sustains technical excellence, high performance and urgency regarding improving current practices
- Works with a strong team spirit in a collaborative environment
- Shares his knowledge, guides and support other team members
- Understanding of Azure Analysis services, PowerBI, Azure DW,
- PowerBI administration
- Strong Data Warehousing skills are required
- Strong understanding of Data Modelling & Star Schema concepts, data flow, and data governance and data structures.
- Build re-usable unit test documents and track into QA tools
- Ability to troubleshoot data issues
- Follow best practices in terms of development , unit testing, continuous integration, code documentation
- Perform Project technical audit and reviews and implement efficiency
- Provide input and implement solutions to drive the continuous improvement of the development and support teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, IT or related
- Fluent English level
- 1-2 years hands on experience with the Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Azure Analysis services
- Eventually other Microsoft tools like SSIS.
Other skills and abilities:
Though not essential, the following requirements will be desirable:
- Exposure to OBIEE
- RDBMS and Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of one ETL tool like Informatica PowerCenter
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.