Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Schlumberger Business Intelligence Studio team has an opening in Bogotá, Colombia for an Azure ETL Software expert. The Azure ETL Mid Software expert acts as the reference to provide technical expertise through BI developments in general using Azure Data Factory and SSIS in an Azure context. He/She provides inputs & vision to ADF and SSIS standards and guidelines. He/She performs activities of understanding BI architecture definition, design, development, unit testing, deployment and short-term warranty support. He/She also supports deployed integrations as a Level 2 /L3 support member. The role demands to lead by example, by demonstrating a positive attitude and team focus and by sharing knowledge and expertise with team.
*Candidate must be legally authorized to work and located in Colombia
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Azure Data Factory, SSIS
- PowerShell/C#/.net Scripting
- Eventually other Microsoft tools like Azure Analysis Services, PowerBI.
- Strong Data Warehousing skills are required.
- Provide troubleshooting & diagnostic support at L2 / L3 level for the mentioned technologies in multiple time zones
- Strong understanding of Data Modelling & Star Schema concepts, data flow, data governance and data structures.
- Hands-on experience in supporting, automating, and optimizing project deployments using VSTS
- Should be comfortable with Performance improvement using Azure technologies and on-premise Microsoft technologies
- Build re-usable unit test documents and track into QA tools
- Ability to troubleshoot data issues
- Follow best practices in terms of development, unit testing, continuous integration, code documentation.
- Provide input and implement solutions to drive the continuous improvement of the development and support teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with any of the following qualification. BSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology OR MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience on Visualization tools, ETL applications or Software Development projects, working with the business users to analyse and solve their data requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience with the Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Hands on experience on
- Azure Data Factory, Sql Server Integration Services
- Azure Data Warehouse, Sql Server Database.
- Fluent English Level
Other skills and abilities
Though not essential, the following requirements will be desirable:
- Exposure to OBIEE
- RDBMS and Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of one ETL tool like Informatica PowerCenter
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.