Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Mumbai, India.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Coach, mentor and lead the team
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across SSG leadership team and with PLLs
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 5 years of professional experience.
- Net desktop tech stack...strong C# skills.. WPF/WCF desirable
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
- Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
- Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.