Skills: Civil Engineering, Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chachoengsao, Thailand
Civil Designer Job Description
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and 2 years related experience, or acquired relevant on the job training of 5 years. Certification in AutoCad Civil 3D or two years of experience using Autocad Civil 3D is desired.
- The ideal candidate for this position should have at least 2 years of progressive engineering experience.
- Strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including grading, stormwater, utilities, and roadway design; and familiarity with associated software/programs
- Design-Build experience preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a must
- Performs drafting utilizing AutoCAD/Civil 3D to create working drawings and models under the supervision of the Engineer of Record.
- Coordinates with other draftspersons/technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Assists in client and agency contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for the project.
- Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serves as an onsite project representative.
- Responsible for job-specific quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.