Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Chevron is accepting online applications for the Tax Analyst through October 12, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PH Time.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Drive for results and take ownership of performance for process leadership and fiduciary oversight.
- Always understand the Tax Compliance workflow, the process objectives, the whys, the logic behind each steps and the risks involved within the process and likewise the process connectivity including its financial and enterprise connections with other processes within Chevron
- Develop expertise by reading and understanding tax regulations applicable to the process. Keep abreast with the updates of reporting regulations
- Deliver commitments based on expertise not on routines.
- Perform solicitation of FTB/PA Tax Exemption Forms
- 100% accurate and timely remittance of withholding tax payable to FTB which includes payment request preparation
- 100% response to daily inquiries concerning amounts reported on form 592-B either from the vendors or Business Units (BU) timely and accurately
- 100% of government reporting will be prepared and submitted within the prescribed due dates.
- 100% of the government reports and forms are prepared accurately.
- Sustain strong internal control by ensuring compliance and performance of SOX controls related to the process
- Apply financial discipline and perform Accounts Reconciliation for assigned GL Accounts in accordance withAccounts Reconciliation Standard
- Understand the nature of the accounts and the related business drivers
- Exercise fiduciary oversight over scope of responsibility.
- Perform backup role as needed to ensure business continuity and the deliverables to the team are always met
- Initiate and implement process improvements to sustain/increase quality of work, realize efficiencies and/or make the processes more effective. Always streamline, improve and standardize. Trust the established process but exercise healthy skepticism as there is always opportunity to find process enhancements to eliminate complexities without sacrificing controls.
- Proactively participate in the PMP (Performance Management Process) with the supervisor. Responsible to update and monitor progress of agreed performance goals.
- Participate in self-study courses and read professional materials. Attend functional training and interact with industry counterparts. Monitor self-performance to ensure that individual goals are met.
- Build expertise in related tax regulations but keeping up to date with the related tax regulations by reading related tax literatures, FTB websites, etc.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as a means to achieving individual and team goals
- Proactively anticipate, communicate and involve the right people.
- Share best practices and lessons learned within the team.
- Establish meaningful and productive relationships with key stakeholders of Tax Compliance Team
- Atleast3 years of relevant accounting work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivale
- Accounting Proficiency: Proficient in understanding and applying accounting policies and corporate guidelines
- Analytical: Capable of identifying all aspects of a problem and understanding why a problem exists; providing a solution
- Technical: Demonstrate ability to manipulate data with Excel or other applications/tools and apply results to Financial ERP modules (i.e. SAP)
- Communication: Proven ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts and present positions
- Managing Performance: Display initiative and leadership in handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing process improvements
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been doing business in the Philippines for more than 100 years
- Chevron offersa competitive package and an opportunity to extend operational support for Chevron offices in five continents
- Chevron provides career development opportunities to all employees through onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and employee networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and a commitment to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron operates with the highest ethical standards and place the highest priority on the safety and health of its workforce and the protection of communities and the environment
- Chevron advocates work-life balance,promotesa healthy behavior in the workplace, and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- Chevron supports a work-from-home arrangement during the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to operational needs
Recruitment Process and Onboarding during COVID 19 pandemic
HR initial phone screening, virtual panel interview, job offer, medical assessment, onboarding and orientation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.