Learn morePosition Specific Description
In this role, you will work with our Natural Gas operations team in Doral, FL. A minimum of two years of experience in natural gas construction and/or underground utilities is strongly preferred. An active CDL is a plus!Job Overview
Employees in this role complete a variety of tasks associated with the installation, activation, deactivation, maintenance and inspection of gas meters and regulators. Individuals serve as a member of a crew engaged installing and repairing gas mains and service pipeline. This job protects meter sets from atmospheric corrosion by painting or replacing piping and provides technical assistance in installing and/or repairing gas main or service lines.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to routine and emergency requests for gas service and repairs leaks on meter sets
- Performs leak investigations following service activations and performs maintenance and repairs on customers appliances and other gas equipment
- Conducts and documents complete investigations of customer premises in response to questionable gas consumption or other issues
- Performs basic pipefitting on meter sets; removes meter, installs fuel line cut off, replaces union and installs meter headers
- Coordinates and performs basic operation, maintenance, inspection and repair on all above ground valves to include greasing, tightening, operating and inspecting
- Performs valve operation and maintenance and performs underground leak investigation and grading for special surveys, shorted casing surveys, re-checks and re-evaluates, and assists with pipe joining methods
- Responds to gas pipeline emergencies and participates in the on-call rotation for off-shift emergency response
- Interacts with customers to answer questions, explain work performed, give instructions for operation of appliances, and promote gas usage
- Identifies abnormal operating conditions, takes appropriate actions and performs miscellaneous inspections as required
- Captures documentation in the Mobile Data Terminal
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 0+ years
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Florida City Gas
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-ZC1Nearest Major Market:
Gas Technician, Gas, Pipeline, Energy