NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description***This position will be based out of Albany, New York and will support the Distributed Generation Solar & Battery Storage assets within the state of New York***
This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity. This individual will lead the maintenance, electrical & mechanical team forthe day to day operations oftheDistributed Generation Solar & Battery Storage portfolio in New York. This position will be responsible for over 250 MW by the end of 2021.Extensive travel willbe required.Job Overview
Employees in this role will manage all aspects of a solar site or multiple sites, including the overall safe and reliable operations and maintenance activities related to solar power production. Individuals are responsible for the procurement of materials and services, materials management, budget development, financial forecasting, and other administrative activities.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes all aspects of Operation and Maintenance Agreements, Site Operating Plan, and the Environmental, Health, and Safety Plan including specific scope of services for site
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and financing agreement requirements
- Complies with all company and business unit processes and procedures and meets all annual performance indicators and metrics
- Maintains integrity of site operating equipment at all times including preventive maintenance, equipment event reporting, root cause analysis of equipment failures, and corrective maintenance
- Adheres to site critical operating parameters to Power Purchase Agreement(s) and Interconnection Agreement with no defaults
- Ensures timely submission of all budget and financial forecasting requirements
- Promotes use of quality tools and analytics
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
Experience: 5+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
NextEra Operating Srvs
Clifton Park, New York
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Transmission Line Supervisor, Nuclear, Energy