Skills: Project Management, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Campinas, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Roles and Responsabilities
- Owner and accountable for the entire execution for the assigned projects and contracts under NC backlog, delivering planned revenue and CM, working close with supporting functions such as supply chain and engineering, overseeing team aligned under project/contract.
- Manages the Project Schedule at the top level and applies solutions to both leading and lagging situations, unforeseen and predicted.
- Utilizes Project Management Methodology (PMBoK) in daily working practice, additionally encouraging team members by example.
- Performs as Single Point of Contact with customers, nurtures the relationship, acts as contract manager and ensures Project Communication Plan is in place and functional across all levels and areas of the project.
- Creates, modifies, improves Project Execution Plan and all parts such as Risk Management, Communications, Sourcing, Vendor Management, Schedule, Quality, Stakeholder Matrix, Data Management, Readiness Plan, Performance Improvement Plan and so on.
- Performs continual Project Reviews, with customer, Company Leadership, Internal Project Staff, Contracted Parties and potential Industry or Official Bodies. Participates in PEER reviews, After Action Reviews and any investigations as required.
- Utilizes proficient networking and touchpoints in a matrix organization in order to ensure sufficient and effective use of supporting resources for the project from the wider organization.
- Leads all elements of the project, safely and efficiently towards increasing profitability through On Time Delivery, Performance Improvement, and Incremental Revenue through upsell strategies, additional pull through of additional products or services.
- Actively participate in commercial and sales proposal development process (ITR, R1 and R2) to support the progress of the sales opportunities; follow through the execution plan to retrieve lessons learn into the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred;
- Experience with turbine and compressor controls platforms, Distributed Controls System (DCS) platform, Cybersecurity, Excitation, Mechanical and Instrumentation.
- Experience working with large size EPC projects, with Turnkey solutions, contract management.
- At least 8 years of experience in projects management role;
- Strong business and operations acumen and commercial savvy;
- Strong customer mindset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel within assigned region;
- Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Effective team contributor and member;
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions;
- Fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish;
- Track record executing projects for the following markets: Industrial, Pulp and Paper, Metals and Mining, Waste and Water, Hydro Power Generation and Energy.
- MBA and PMP are preferred
- Six Sigma training is preferred
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.