Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Sourcing Specialist - Cairo, Egypt
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist based in Cairo, Egypt. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining continiuous communications with external suppliers to obtain status updates on open orders and ensure the accuracy of information contained in the system. You will prepare requests for quote packages, ensuring all quality and engineering questions are resolved prior to releasing for quote. You should know and understand the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Provide daily updates of outsourcing list.
- Maintain continuous communications with external suppliers for status updates to open orders and maintain accuracy information contained in system.
- Prepare requests for quote packages, ensuring all quality and engineering questions are resolved prior to releasing for quote.
- Communicate delivery on quality issues to specialists.
- Communicate material handling specifications to appropriate personnel to ensure continuous process flow.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Adhere to Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the Weatherford quality assurance system, Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to follow and relay detailed and complex instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface and collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure positive results.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft.
- 2-5+ years experience in manufacturing, planning or customer service
- College/University degree qualified
- Prior experience working with external supply chain.
- Prior experience working in technical role.