Huntsville, Texas, United States
Huntsville, Texas, United States
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Huntsville, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Familiarity with computer-aided design tools and standard shop-work practices.
- Five years of related experience with proficiency in shop floor layouts, process improvements
- Five years continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Support and assist in the improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production scheduling, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and test and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate efforts associated with planning, procuring, installing and qualifying tooling, fixtures and equipment.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Lead/own CPARs (corrective and preventative actions), MOCs (Management of Change) to resolve production and customer issues
- Work with a team to improve and change shop floor layouts with SQDC in mind.
- Ability to produce shop floor layouts for existing and future changes.
- Develop and or improve Preventive Maintenance
- Participates in all team activities such as hazard hunts, quality and safety improvement projects and well as manufacturing projects.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional terms.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.
- Ability to plan scheduled tasks within guidelines set by senior personnel.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior personnel. internal and external customers.
- Proficient with Pro-E and Windchill
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Diverse knowledge of manufacturing processes and products.
- Must have experience working with layout, process and flow improvements as well as an understanding of shop floor equipment including but not limited to drill presses, welding, hand tools and fabrication.
- Experience with downhole tools
- Experience in CAD/CREO, ERP software preferred.