Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Up to £45 per hour
Location: Redcar, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Primat is looking for a Lead Cost Engineer to join one of the market leaders in key products such as ethylene, ethylene glycol, methanol, MTBE, polyethylene and engineering plastics and its derivatives.
The role is based in Redcar, England and is expected to last for a provisional 12 month period.
As a Lead Cost Engineer, you responsible for the preparation of monthly cost reports, identifying critical areas, and providing trend analysis and early warnings to the Project Team and/or Project Services Function. You will also assist in the preparation of ongoing project reviews and providing advice on corrective actions.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of cost reports and associated documents
- Prepare and maintain cost reports for either a medium sized project or a medium sized sub-element of a major project
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of the project cost reporting system and procedures
- Delivery of appropriately detailed robust cost reports for either a medium sized project or a medium sized sub-element of a major project
- Help promote and maintain the Company's change control procedures
- Support Lead/Senior Cost Engineer with any contract specific reporting or tasks
- HNC or relevant experience
- Previous cost experience, preferably in the Petrochemical industry.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agree standards, systems, processes to meet the project and Client requirements
- Capable of proposing improvements/developments of systems and processes
- Capable of identifying and providing input to Cost related improvement initiatives
- Capable of managing a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner
- Sound IT skills, familiar with Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel etc
- SAP experience is preferable but not essential