Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Data Engineer to join the team in Mumbai, India.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include data engineers, software developers, product managers and end users.
In this role, you will:
- Work on multiple external customer facing applications along with front end & back end development teams
- Work closely with functional stakeholders to understand the business requirements and deliver solutions
- Design and Develop complete data engineering solutions
- Estimate efforts and implement end to end solutions coordinating with cross functional teams
- Perform a variety of data loads & data transformations
- Improve database and application performance with fine tuning
- Work with other project teams for data integrations and data lake requirements
- Automate processes for better stability and performance of application
- Implement analytical dashboards for business needs
- Improve data quality and accuracy
- Provide solutions for data extracts and reports as per business requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver the solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum 5 years of work experience in Data Engineering.
- Good knowledge on advanced transformations.
- Data integration of various source sources like DB2, SQL Server, and Flat Files into the staging area.
- Good knowledge in identifying performance bottlenecks in mapping/Session/Workflow.
- Clear understanding of RDBMS concepts, ER modelling, normal forms, OLAP/OLTP implementation.
- Expert in SQL query tuning.Good Knowledge on PL SQL coding.
- Extensively worked on automating the process using UNIX scripting.
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Must have hands-on experience on Informatica,PL-SQL,SQL,Unix scripting
- Good to have knowledge on Java,Talend,Python
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.