Belgrade, United Kingdom
Belgrade, United Kingdom
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belgrade, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 230937
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/14/2020
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery.
An opportunity exists within the Bechtel project team to work closely with our customer on the Jadar Project. Jadar will be the one of the largest greenfield projects ever built in Serbia, and the first delivered by M&M in the country. It will produce approximately 10 percent of the world's lithium with 56,000 tpa of lithium carbonate, as well as boric acid (286,000 tpa) and sodium sulphate (252,000 tpa).
The Jadar Project consists of the world's largest deposit (136 Mt) of the newly discovered mineral Jadarite (pronounced " yarda -rite"). The complex project is located near Loznica, approximately 140 km from Serbia's capital Belgrade. Jadar includes an underground mine accessed by two vertical shafts, a processing plant, an industrial waste facility and associated infrastructure.
M&M currently has approximately 30 employees in our customer's office in Brisbane, with two additional colleagues in Rio Tinto's Belgrade office. As the project moves into the next phase, the team's roles will begin transitioning to Belgrade, Serbia. Project execution is expected to begin in 2021.
The Digital Delivery (DD) Manager is at the core of Bechtel's data centric delivery model, and is responsible for understanding the relevant stakeholder information required to deliver the Project and identifying how these outputs will be met through the Project Information Model (PIM).
The DD Manager develops and implements the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) on the Project in accordance with Bechtel standards, Project functional needs, and client information requirements to describe the way in which the Project will achieve data centric delivery successfully.
The DD Manager is responsible to provide cross-functional coordination and methods of integration in alignment with M&M's Data Centric Project Delivery Program, including, but not limited to, 3D Model Development, 4D Integrated Schedule, Common Data Environment (CDE) alignment, 5D Integrated Cost, and support the development of an innovative culture on Project.
During the feasibility phases of the project the DD Manager is assigned to the engineering team reporting directly to the Project Engineering Manager, with direction over the DD coordinators, and liaising with both internal and external key stakeholders.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational direction from the Project Engineering Manager.
- Receives functional direction from the M&M Automation group.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides operational direction to other DD team members on the Project, including the DD Lead(s), as assigned.
- Works closely with the Project Engineering Manager to:
- Ensure the Project DD Strategy and BEP is aligned and executed in a way that supports the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Assign the key DD roles on the Project as identified in the BEP.
- Ensure the implementation of the Project Information Model (PIM) for use across each stage of the Project.
- Maintains continuous contact with key functional leads on the Project including the Management, Procurement, Project Controls, Contracts, IS&T, Construction, Start-Up and Commissioning.
- Maintains continuous contact with key client managers on the Project including the client Engineering Manager and Operational Readiness Manager to monitor the implementation of DD.
- Works closely with the functional teams to understand the information requirements (both graphical and non-graphical) and align the BEP to meet those needs.
- Works closely with the IS&T manager on the deployment of automation tools, identifying user groups, and ensuring the integration of the various software tools through the Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Co-ordinates with engineering design and construction contractors, and participates in meetings/discussion, with respect to DD.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develops and implements the Project DD Strategy and BEP through the Project study phases and Project execution.
- Receives and understands the client information requirements and coordinates with Project functional teams to develop the advanced work packages (AWP) in alignment with client requirements and other Project stakeholders.
- Champions the use of the CDE as the single source of truth for all Project data and the key tools for project execution including 3D/4D/5D deployment.
- Provides input into the design requirements including the level of detail and data attributes required to support the required outputs through the phases of the Project.
- Ensures the implementation of the CDE, including relevant standards on its use and application across the Project.
- Coordination with Project Controls and Construction on the development of advanced work packages and ensuring the continuity and appropriate level of detail is produced to support each of the Project phases.
- Reviews the Procurement and Contracts tender documents used for the supply chain to ensure BIM / DD capabilities are assessed and aligned to the PIM.
- Reviews the IS&T Project automation plan and ensures its alignment to the PIM.
- Review of Functional Project Procedures to ensure alignment with BEP.
- Ensures adequate training is provided on the use of DD and associated tools to assist its deployment, including engagement with off-Project subject matter experts.
- Conducts regular assessments to review the implementation of the BEP and level of DD maturity achieved on the Project, and to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures the project meets the client information requirements, Bechtel information requirements, and industry wide standards (i.e. PAS 1192 for UK projects).
- Champions DD innovation across the Project by establishing a culture for ideas and improvement opportunities to be raised, considered and implemented. Continually seeks ways in which the PIM can be utilized to support the Project and drive efficiency in processes.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant experience working within the Engineering, Contracts, Procurement and Construction functions or a strong Project-led understanding of cross-functional project delivery work processes.
- Significant Engineering, Construction, Project Controls, Procurement, Automation or Information Systems experience with a passion for implementing new and innovative work processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain new work processes and technologies to all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated individual with outstanding leadership skills and the ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to manage priorities and take on additional evolving responsibilities with demonstrated experience providing direction/supervising a team.
- Recognized degree in relevant field i.e. engineering, construction, project management, business, information management;
- Extensive experience in the engineering and construction industry and/or
- Prior extensive work experience in related fields leading to a thorough understanding of the role requirements as listed.
- ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project's ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project's quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors' evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project's Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.