NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is seeking a Sr. Project Manager for advanced energy storage technology, focused on long duration applications, including hydrogen. This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Interface with vendors to develop technology and cost roadmaps for long-duration energy conversion and storage equipment, with particular focus on hydrogen
- Support Project Development teams to identify projects and define technical solutions for various customers
- Develop technical specifications for hydrogen system procurement
- Manage 3rdparty engineers and EPC contractors to design and build hydrogen production, storage, and dispensing facilities
- Consider long-duration hydrogen storage for utility applications, including modeling grid solutions
Due to the accelerating interest in hydrogen energy systems, this position will provide frequent opportunities for interfacing with executive management, major investors, capital lenders, and key customers for NextEra Energy.
An ideal candidate would have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering, or Physics; outstanding written and verbal communication skills; experience with relevant technologies such as electrolyzers, fuel cells, propulsion systems, petro-chemical processing, gas turbines, or reciprocating engines.
Any experience in techno-economic analysis of advanced energy systems, including system optimization as wells as engineering experience in relevant disciplines such as energy storage, combustion/heat transfer/thermodynamics, or industrial processes would be a plus.Job Overview
This position is responsible for the overall management of assigned organization and projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Successful candidates manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans
• Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support
• Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
• Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
• Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
• Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
• Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities
• Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
• Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:8+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:2+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• NoneEmployee Group:
NextEra Project Mgmt
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: