Jupiter, Florida, United States
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jupiter, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
To be selected for this role you musthave or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in electrical engineering with a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
In this role you can expect to:
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects
- Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Supports development of standards and engineering guidelines, conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations
- Leverage new technology and Smart Grid solutions to provide superior service to our customers
- Exercise project management, negotiations, performance tracking and reporting
- Communications, presentations, meetings and support
- Participate in all aspects of engineering design, permitting and construction
- Work with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
- Interact with customers that you encounter to ensure award-winning customer service
- Apply design skills and utilize design programs to maintain and enhanceour electric grid
This job is responsible for routine engineering assignments involving basic engineering techniques. Employees in this role apply practical applications of engineering principles, practices, and procedures and work under close supervision with detailed instructions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs data analysis and basic engineering tasks for completion of small projects
- Performs basic engineering calculations required for simple designs
- Collects and evaluates data to recommend courses of action
- Assists more experienced engineers in the completion of large complex projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Power Systems, Energy