NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
The Sr Mechanical Design Engineer position assumes responsibility for the development, implementation and administration of Design Basis Analyses, Heatup, Ventilation, and Service Water Analyses, HELB and Flooding Programs, assigned projects and supports Design Engineering activities. Essential responsibilities for this position include providing design products in support of operations and maintenance organizations to maintain plant reliability. Engineering deliverables include products such as mechanical calculations, operabilities determinations and reportability reviews, engineering changes, specifications, and documented engineering evaluations.
- Responsible for Heatup and Ventilation Analysis
- Responsible for Service Water Analysis
- Responsible for GOTHIC Software
- Responsible for Photo-Flow Software
- Responsible for HELB and Flooding Program
- Responsible for the development, design, and implementation of Design Change Packages for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders on design projects.
- Ensures applicable activities are maintained within allocated schedule and budget.
- Prepares/reviews engineering documentation (e.g. calculations, specifications, analysis, drawings, evaluations, etc.).
- Prepares/reviews operability determinations and reportability reviews of station issues to applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise when required to support plant issues or requests for assistance from other site organizations.
- Experience in Mechanical and/or Piping engineering.
- Ability to obtain Operability Determination / Functionality Assessment qualification.
- Ability to obtain Calculation qualification.
- Accept ERO position as assigned and be able to meet the time response requirements.
- Accept outage position as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to work independently and interface with all levels of personnel required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of design, operations, maintenance, and testing in regards to nuclear power.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsible for advanced engineering tasks which require broad nuclear plant engineering experience and application of engineering principles. Work independently with broad supervisory review and has wide latitude to exercise judgment and make decisions. Independently perform highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations. Effectively communicate and can perform the lead role in a group situation to resolve problems or coordinate design production.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Component and System Troubleshooting
- Equipment Failure and Cause Evaluations
- Small scope modifications and equivalency reviews
- Operability and Functionality Assessments
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Eight (8) years or more of engineering or related experience
- Four (4) or more years of experience in nuclear power generation
- Must be able to travel to support Nuclear Fleet objectives
- Candidates must satisfy the Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission security requirements
- Act as a member of the emergency response organization if the request is made
- Professional Engineering (PE) certification
NextEra Point Beach
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy