Austin, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Lone Star, a rate-regulated transmission service provider in Texas, owns and operates approximately 330 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and associated equipment.
Position Specific Description
NOTE: This position is with Lone Star Transmission located in Austin, Texas and does not include some of the duties and responsibilities listed herein.
The Lone Star Power Supply System Operator is responsible for the operations of transmission systems operated by Lone Star Transmission and NextEra Energy Transmission in various NERC regions including ERCOT, CAISO, and PJM. Power Supply System Operators interface with field personnel, ISO's, interconnected utilities, and interconnected generation resources and are responsible for complying with NERC and regional reliability standards, protocols and operating guides.
The position's purpose is to monitor and control the reliable transfer of power in the Lone Star operated transmission systems and facilities including reactive (Shunt Capacitor/Inductor) dispatch, and supervision of all activities within the Lone Star Transmission Control Center.
This job is responsible for directing all activities within the System Control Center. Employees in this role maintain reliability of the transmission system according to FRCC and NERC reliability standards and company operating practices. This position supervises all daily operational activities of Division Load Dispatchers and, fulfills the requirements of the FRCC Reliability Coordinator Agent functions according to per the FRCC Security Process for the Bulk Electric System (BES).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates the transmission system to meet demand requirements
• Forecasts near-term demand
• Oversees the processing of requests for transmission service and schedules of all interchange transactions by the Power Coordinators
• Evaluates process generation, transmission and substation equipment clearance requests consistent with system reliability
• Informs management of emergencies affecting the reliability or economics of the power system
• Complies with all FERC, NERC and FRCC reliability standards requirements associated with the operation of the BES
• Interprets alarms with a thorough knowledge and understanding of system operations and take actions as required to maintain the transmission system within required limits
• Attends required training classes to maintain NERC certification
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
• High School/GED or Equivalent Work Exp
• Master's - Business Administration
• Master's - Engineering
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Lone Star Transmission, LLC
Location: Austin, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Power Systems, High Voltage, Energy