Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
The Senior IT Systems Administrator - VDI/Citrix Support Engineer is responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support of the overall VMware Horizon 7.x VDI and Citrix infrastructure environment, in support of 24 X 7 business processes. This Includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the VDI environment. It also includes diagnosing issues related to the underlying hardware platforms.
- Strong experience in supporting a multi-farm VMware Horizon VDI implementation specifically utilizing the Horizon Enterprise platform.
- Experience migrating applications and VDI's from older VDI deployments to Horizon platform
- Experience with vRops and VRA beneficial
- Experience with Workspace One and Application publishing beneficial
- Experience supporting and upgrading Citrix 6.5 and 7.x environments
- Scripting skills preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and VMware VDI components
- Hands-on Software/Hardware troubleshooting experience
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
- Ability to conduct research into system infrastructure performance issues and products as required
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
This position installs, configures, and maintains computing infrastructure, operating systems, and middleware products on all computer platforms, including mainframes, workstations, and servers - including web servers - in support of 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance
• Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
• Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers
• Troubleshoots hardware, system and application issues
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Miami, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami