Jupiter, Florida, United States
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jupiter, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy's IT Team supporting the Power Delivery Business is seeking an experienced Agile IT leader with experience building and overseeing a strategic portfolio of technology initiatives spanning multiple platforms and teams. This position is business-facing and requires collaboration with numerous other IT groups.In addition to creating business value, this person will need to support strategic corporate initiatives and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
This position guides a group of employee and/or vendor teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value with a focus on our ongoing merger and acquisition work. The Agile Leader will oversee a large budget and scope and will coordinate with variety of teams to ensure successful and on-time delivery within the stated budgets. The Leader promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, adept at all forms of communication, and a creative problem solver who leads using influence and excellent interpersonal skills.
The ability to lead and manage with a degree of ambiguity while supporting both IT and Business Unit goals is a must.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience within a scaled Agile Environment
- Agile Certification desired
- Six Sigma certification desired
- High proficiency with portfolio management concepts, tools and processes
- Communicate effectively on strategies, status, and outcomes
- Manages risks and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
Please note, this role willrequire occasional travel between various NextEra corporate offices.
This position guides teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization's Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Power Systems, Energy