NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
Responsibilities in this role can include:
4+ years of Fire Protection or related experience is preferred.Job Overview
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for Fire Protection program support, including application and compliance of industry, state, and federal codes and standards.
- Performs reviews of Engineering Changes that impact the Fire Protection program.
- Provides for the maintenance of the Seabrook Fire Protection program including preparation and execution of all industry and regulatory inspections.
This job is responsible for performing engineering activities that support projects and operations across the nuclear business. Employees in this role apply broad nuclear plant engineering experience and principles to make decisions and recommendations. Individuals work with independence and have wide latitude to exercise judgment over technical solution development.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations
- Leads discussions in a group setting to resolve problems or coordinate design production
- Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
- Serves as technical liaison within the nuclear business unit
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 7+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 4+ years
- Master's - Engineering
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Engineering or related experience: 7+ years
NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy