NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity.
- High Voltage electrical experience is highly preferred
- Low Voltage electrical experience is acceptable
- Electrical Schematic & print reading is highly preferred
- Job requires periodic travel to surrounding sites, including overnight stays
- This position requires rotating shift work
- Grounding and switchingexperience preferred
Employees in this role are responsible for the operation and maintenance of solar collection assemblies on multiple solar power plants to achieve safe, efficient, and environmentally sound plant operations. Successful candidates apply a working knowledge of troubleshooting electrical components and equipment to include the use of digital multi-meters, meggers, and amp clamps.Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
- Maintains all tools, shops, vehicles, and work locations in a safe and efficient condition
- Provides inspection of watch, electrical, mechanical, and electronic troubleshooting for a solar field and pipeline
- Performs daily inspection for fluid system breaches, mechanical component breakage or misalignment, and electrical component failures preventing a collector or groups of collectors from tracking
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Technicians - Wind/HV/Solar
NextEra Operating Srvs
Desert Center, California
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Nuclear, High Voltage, Energy