Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Skills: Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Juno Beach, Florida, United States
NextEra Analytics is the optimization and analytics team for the world's largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Analytics is currently seeking to add a Senior Operations Engineer to our Energy Management team, a group of enthusiastic and tech-savvy individual that leverage data analytics expertise and energy industry knowledge to drive innovation in the burgeoning field of energy storage and IoT energy devices. The role focuses on getting the most value out of energy management control software by monitoring performance, driving root cause analysis, relentlessly focusing on ways to improve, and providing product support to a wide variety of stakeholders. Success in this role will depend on application of advanced methods and tools to analyze the dispatch performance of storage and load control devices to ensure financial performance that exceeds customer expectations. It will also depend on diligent ownership of product performance and demonstration of that through effective communication with all stakeholders: internal customers, the development team, O&M staff, and external customers. Our team takes on the challenges of integrating new tech into various energy systems and markets; we are always at the leading edge of innovation, so if that excites you, join us!
Primary (Essential) Job Functions Include:
- Designs and uses diagnostic tools to monitor asset performance
- Conducts operational assessments and performance tracking of battery and load control devices relative to commercial obligations
- Via simulations, develops proprietary storage and energy market trade algorithms
- Conducts analysis of operational dispatch relative to simulated revenues
- Develops techniques and processes to mitigate performance variances from predictions
- Mines and analyzes data using R, Python, Matlab, VB, and other software tools
- Collaborates with NextEra analytics software engineering and applied math teams for root cause analysis and to drive software improvements
- Drives technical discussions to identify improvement and optimization opportunities
- Assists Project Leads in driving product design that moves the needle and unlocks value
Employees in this role oversee the analysis and reporting of wind, solar and storage operations. Individuals provide operational assessments for the entire fleet including applying advanced scientific methodologies to production data. This position applies analytical solutions and effectively articulates results to other business units and to executive management through risk vetting and operational committees.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assessments of operating wind, solar and storage facilities
- Creates production profiles used for financial analysis and budget setting
- Performs asset performance diagnostic reviews and collaborates on root cause analysis
- Oversees and develops techniques or processes to mitigate production variances or predictions
- Performs month-end performance reporting and collection of input data from other business units
- Oversees all aspects of wind, solar and storage operations deliverables and processes including operational assessments, budget support, generation/economic entitlement, and other reporting
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology
Organization: NextEra Analytics Inc
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami