Learn morePosition Specific Description
This position resides in the Cybersecurity Technology Solutions team (CTS), a functional group under the Cybersecurity Group within Information Technology. The Cybersecurity group is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information and computing networks. We are seeking a seasoned cybersecurity engineer to join our team to provide support for the technologies that are being used to protect our company from the adversaries.
As acybersecurity engineer, you will be responsible for providing support and aiding in the identification and deployment of new technologies. In addition, you will recommend process and technology related solutions or improvements to protect the company from cyber security vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Identity and Access Management platforms (ISIM / IGI, Sail Point, Saviynt, Alert Enterprises, etc.)
- Onboarding of new Application Request processes using ISIM/IGI
- Integration testing / Regression testing
- Customer support with investigating support issues
- Ability to create training content - guides, job aids, videos
- Document procedures and flowcharts for both new and existing processes
- Experience with GRC Solutions (RSAM, ARCHER) and configuration of workflows
- Familiarity with compliance and governance (NERC CIP, SOX)
- Ability to design and run queries using SQL and other database platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Microsoft BI Reporting and Report Manager
- Ability to work with customers to gather, document, and communicate requirements to developers for both support/enhancements
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Java Script, Python
- Experience with PowerShell
Equally important is your experience in continuous process improvements and quality measurements and the ability to work with and translate complex scenarios into a simplistic manner for non-technical resources (General Counsel, Business, Privacy, etc.). Also, understanding of security threat environment relative to computer network architectures, designs, topologies, applications, databases, email systems, remote access, and operating system platforms will be highly valued.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or other industry-relevant cyber-security certifications
- Lean Six Sigma Belt certification
*Additional work location in Miami-Dade County.Job Overview
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company's cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company's IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Develops a subject matter expertise for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE's environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-RK1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: