is the optimization and analytics team for the world's largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.Position Specific Description
NextEra Analytics is currently seeking a well-qualified candidate to join our DevOps team as a Senior Dev Ops Engineer.
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with software development teams to improve time to value by automating and streamlining application delivery, compliance and monitoring processes. The candidate achieves successful results by building repeatable CI/CD processes including but not limited to source code control and infrastructure provisioning and management. Individuals in this position will also assess tools, services and costs in development and production environments for ongoing improved functionality and savings.Do you have the following experience?
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Broad expertise using AWS throughout the software development lifecycle
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Strong understanding of end-to-end software delivery using CI/CD tools (e.g., Terraform, SonarQ, GitLab Pipelines or equivalent)
- Maintains and creates automated SDLC processes (e.g., software builds, testing, packaging) through CI/CD pipelines allowing both project and operations team to easily and consistently deploy software developed by theengineering team
- Supports the continuous integration and deployment process, supports build and application environments using infrastructure as code ensuring consistent environment provisioning
- Strong relational database experience and SQL knowledge (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Strong coding experience (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Salt, Ansible or an equivalent
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available environment
Individuals in this role are responsible for automating the process of application delivery, monitoring and infrastructure provisioning. Successful individuals will drive continued improvement of delivery, compliance, and monitoring processes. Individual should have a strong understanding of cloud-based solutions, both server and serverless.Job Overview
This position is responsible for managing, monitoring and deploying a highly available, highly scalable production application. The individual will be responsible for one or more environments and/or systems and interface directly with the Development and Operations team on a daily basis for the maintenance, expansion, and documentation of these environments, providing assistance and review of proposed architectures, as needed. This role is responsible for vetting emerging technologies and guides the direction of the teams that support software development.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives the automation and continuous improvement of the software delivery process
- Manages the continuous integration services maintenance and configuration, ensuring the build environment is meeting the needs of the software developers
- Leads the maintenance and creation of automatic deployment of software builds to the test and production environments, enabling the operations team to easily and consistently deploy new software products
- Monitors system development and maintenance and ensures that staff at all technical levels are informed of the health of our systems
- Evaluates Operation teams processes and automates repetitive and temporary solutions
- Improves the product environment and practices used by the software developers
- Sets up back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
NextEra Analytics Inc
St. Paul, Minnesota
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market: