NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
- Work in a safe manner while supporting the looking out for each-other mentality
- Perform necessary technical tasks of controlled scope, to support timely availability of material for scheduled jobs, facility transfers, secondary locations, remote sites, overhauls and the daily physical material coordination of the PGD organization.
- Perform in depth research of material requests, material receipt inspection, using the appropriate on-line material management system
- Safely work independently in all aspects of warehouse and physical inventory control practices and on-line Inventory Management Systems.
- Drive to solve problems to the root cause level, and always follow-up with actions that will prevent recurrence
- Identification and implementation of quantifiable cost reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated individual that is very detail oriented
- Flexible but assertive can do attitude
- Comfortable making decisions quickly with incomplete information
- Experience with SAP material resource planning applications preferred
- The ability to become proficient and certified in the operation of powered industrial trucks (fork trucks, etc.) preferred
- Work in a positive manner with team mates and outside service providers, even in the face of adversity
Thisrole is located in Story City Iowa.Job Overview
Employees in this job perform manual and clerical duties involved in the operation of warehouse and storage areas at the plant or site.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversees and maintains inventory in an orderly and organized manner
• Receives, records, tracks, and reports on materials and ensures Sarbanes-Oxley compliance with PGD Material Management Process
• Performs some limited procurement activities
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Technical / Functional Excellence:New/Learning
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Experience:2+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
• High School/GED or Equivalent Work ExpPreferred Qualifications
• NoneEmployee Group:
NextEra Operating Srvs
Story City, Iowa
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: