Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Juno Beach, Florida, United States
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is seeking an experienced individual for a Power Generation Principal Reliability Engineering position in our Wind Analytics Team.NextEra Energy, Inc. is one of the largest and highest-performing power generation companies in the nation and a leader in Renewable Energy. The Power Generation Division (PGD) is responsible for a diverse generation fleet of nearly 50 GW. The fleet, which continues to grow, includes Fossil, Wind, Solar and Energy Storage Facilities.PGD Wind Analytics is the team that analyzes performance indicators, identifies and prioritizes the greatest opportunities for improvement, and drives change from identification through deployment. The selected candidate will be a pivotal part of the team that is responsible for the analytics of NextEra Energy Wind Fleet reliability including leadership in the areas of condition based prevention through prediction, long term planning and providing work programs that are practical, achievable and optimal.S/He will need to utilize predictive tools to analyze equipment failure rates in order to develop optimum turbine protection schemes, drive improvement of reliability processes and replication of engineering countermeasures, and identify just-in-time maintenance frequencies. Additionally, candidate will need to understand Wind turbine performance and provide insights on historical performance, emerging performance trends, and future performance projections. Candidate will utilize a variety of formats of data inputs, select the proper options to get the correct analysis and interpret the output to make sound business decisions.
- Make decisions on issues related to equipment reliability and maintenance, cost reduction and commercial availability.
- Negotiate critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance.
- Responsible for one or more programs of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Will champion case management process and reporting of equipment and process health.
- Will serve as mentor to teammates in Wind Analytics in the area of reliability, quality, maintenance and work planning.
- Skills desired:
- Reliability Concepts
- Graphical Analysis Techniques
- Life Time Data Analysis
- Weibull Analysis
- Repairable System Application
Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
Due to the 24 hour, 7 days per week nature of power generation, it is part of the job requirements to provide night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or onsite, as needed.
Travel to sites throughout the US is sometimes required, and averages about 10%.
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
• Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Wind Energy, Energy