Learn morePosition Specific Description
NextEra Energy, Inc. headquartered in Juno Beach, FL is a leading clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity. We own two electric companies: Florida Power & Light Company, which is the largest rate regulated utility company in the United States and Gulf Power Company, which serves customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida.
We are seeking a Sourcing Specialist I - Supplier Diversity to join our Integrated Supply Chain Departmentin Juno Beach, FL.This position executes the Supplier Diversity Program deliverables, with a focus on meeting key metrics and developing and maintaining a new Tier II Supplier Program.Key Responsibilities
- Develop Tier II supplier program;
- Develop strong understanding of current diverse suppliers and their capabilities;
- Maintain and communicate supplier diversity metrics and provide dashboard information to key stakeholders;
- Manage Tier II reporting requirements to meet internal metrics, customer requirements and industry standards;
- Manage and negotiate services provided by membership, chambers, diversity business certification agencies and advocacy groups;
- Support the on-call program for after-hours support.
Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related field with demonstrated successful experience in sourcing is required. Good communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills requiredJob Overview
This position executes the sourcing process for assigned business areas and implements policies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role develop and execute complex sourcing agreements containing unique terms and conditions.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Executes the sourcing process for assigned areas
• Analyzes responses to complex bid requests, points out commercial differences, and makes succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
• Develops and maintains relationships with business units and suppliers, and conducts complex negotiations successfully under aggressive time demands
• Leads and/or participates on sourcing project teams
• Recommends and communicates sourcing strategy, progress, and results to supervision and ISC management
• Conducts industry analysis and evaluates supplier performance
• Provides market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
• Drives down the total cost of ownership, and assists in managing the external spend
• Participates in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning
• Develops new sources of supply and monitors ongoing supplier performance
• Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for corporate guidelines, legal and environmental regulations
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
•High School Grad / GED
•Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
•Experience: 3+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
•Bachelor's DegreeEmployee Group:
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: