Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management, LNG
Other Skills: Water treatment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
This is a critical role in the Global team. The role requires a very experienced water treater with subject matter expert-level knowledge of: (in order of importance)
- Water treatment (Raw water, Pre-treatment (including membrane and desalination) Cooling water, Boiler, waste water& Chemical Product technology, applications, and chemistry in refining, petrochemical, power, and desalination industry.
- Chemical Feed Controllers
The job will be divided into two main functions:
- Technical Support for current business.
- We currently have active water treatment accounts globally, this person will support, troubleshoot, technically evaluate, alter and or change treatment programs to solve specific issues per site and within the remits of the relevant client contract.
- Support for business growth.
- This part of the role will be working with the Business Development Managers/Operations on bids for new business.
- Working with the local teams for new applications and business growth at sites where we do not provide water treatment.
- Ability to communicate and present well individually and in a team environment.
- Has a commercial understanding of the Americas Refining market.
- Recognized internally and externally as an expert in the water treatment business.
- Solves unusual or complex problems requiring understanding of specialty with little assistance and has advanced analytical skills.
- Handles projects of significant size and complexity incorporating product development, product application, and influence on related product lines.
- Developed knowledge of sciences.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and see the "big picture"
- Attitude and ability to learn new technologies and processes and willingness to share knowledge.
- Generally works with wide latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Jointly develops objectives with functional management & teams.
- Has a significant impact on product line design, cost, and performance, and manufacturing methods/standardization, customer solutions, warranty cost minimization.
- Plans and directs projects by providing technical guidance to team members. Provides work direction and mentoring for less experienced engineers and technicians and ensures activities are aligned with the technology strategy.
- Provides formal and informal training internally and externally.
- May represent the organization in outside discussions and technical forums.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or Earth Sciences
- 5+ years related experience
- Water treatment experience in a refinery
- Industrial process knowledge
- Spoken / written English fluency
- Strong work ethic, energy levels, professionalism and positive attitude and experience working in a team environment
- Willing to travel between 40 - 60% of the time
- 10+ years related experience
- Operations experience
- Sales and technical experience
Sugar Land, TX / North America
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.