Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 19,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Provide technical support to internal and external customers. Troubleshoot and diagnose complex software issues. Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements. Collaborate with existing support staff to learn our products, teach other team members and customers about the product, and help users of the software by troubleshooting or providing input into optimizing their system. Assist in the implementation of solutions in customer test and production environments. Assist with new system deployment and patch installations. Project work related to new customer enhancements, scripted solutions, HMI development, and web services. Assist in the creation of user manuals with the internal development team. Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a night shift position. Candidates must be available to work US Central Time business hours. Note that the shift timing is subject to change as per the DST (Daylight Saving Time) .
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, or via remote assistance tool(s)
- Troubleshoot complex issues in order to identify root causes
- Work in a team environment and with other team members
- Assist customers when upgrading and configuring our software
- Adhere to Service Level Agreement standards customers
- Participate in software testing as needed during the release cycle
- Develop working prototypes of scripts or other custom artifacts for customer review and implementation
- Work with other Weatherford internal teams to resolve issues
- Participate in customer training, meetings, and technical troubleshooting sessions
- Use ticketing system(s) and time reporting systems to accurately report issues, document activities, and report time
- Investigate VB, VB.NET, SQL, ODBC, HTML, IIS, XML, OPC, Modbus and other technologies while correcting aberrant behavior or escalating to our development team
- Work with software in Microsoft Windows operating system environments
- Assist with software deployment at customer sites, as assigned
- May require occasional travel to remote company or customer field sites for meetings, implementation of systems, support of systems, or training
- Participate in 24x7 rotation with other team members to respond to critical system support requests after regular business hours
- Work with the commercial team to manage and distribute licensed software to customers
- Create and distribute activity reports
- Become an expert in multiple areas of our product to: facilitate team escalation, provide internal or external training, publish blog posts, foster CygNet community involvement, produce and deliver conference presentations, and offer input into the development of new features
- Support the creation of documentation and training material
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, certification, and/or experience in lieu of education
- Around 3-5 years of relevant experience
- SCADA, PLC programming, and communication protocol experience
- Oil and Gas background or related experience