Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 5-7 Years of Progressive Accounting experience in a global environment.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant is desired.
- Ability to manage Audit assignments and responsibilities fast-paced growing company.
- Experience working in a shared service center in finance and reporting.
- Strong domain knowledge, in handling and managing the Audit assignments for multiple entities/countries.
- Detail oriented; Excellent communication and analytical skills Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Working knowledge of International Accounting Standards desired.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office products as well as mainframe systems.
The Project Manager - Statutory Audit is primarily responsible for supervising Senior and Staff Auditors in the completion of audit engagements with minimal supervision. The Project Manager- Statutory Audit is expected to support local countries in providing all the data and supporting information, monitor progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule, assess work performed by the Audit Engagement Team, and provide coaching and on-the-job training for Team members to ensure engagements are completed in conformance with USGAAP/Local GAAP Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessing the audit scope, providing coaching notes that are relevant to the scope, accuracy and completeness of work performed; performing reviews to ensure work papers contain relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to company Policies, Standards and Guidelines; and reviewing Points for Discussion to ensure issues, potential exposures and significance are included, root causes are identified, and operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes are developed into appropriate recommendations.
- Assisting the Audit teams/countries in planning audit engagements. Includes identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; determining audit scope; evaluating control design adequacy; and developing audit programs which provide sufficient guidance for testing control performance effectiveness and making evaluations which effectively achieve audit objectives.
- Assisting the countries in providing all the Audit data/samples and other relevant information. Includes appropriate disposition of issues described in Points for Discussion and drafting audit reports which include reportable issues.
- Monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule. Includes making necessary adjustments and promptly completing work paper reviews on a timely basis to ensure all issues are identified and dispositioned prior to report draft issuance.
- Providing on-the-job training for Audit Staff and Senior Auditors. Includes business knowledge of U.S. Bank products, services, and delivery systems; company policies and procedures; applicable laws and regulations; and formal/informal control frameworks.
- Supervise daily activities of audit team to ensure on-time delivery.
- Performing other duties as requested by management.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical Procedures, and Workplace instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford. Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constrains of the job.