Skills: Commercial Management, Sales, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shanghai, China
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The Service Technical Proposal Manager demonstrates accountability for all technical related actions required for a successful preparation of Service proposals.
- She/he drives profitable growth and ensures customer satisfaction by providing technical and analytical assessment on all Service-related matters.
- She/he is part of the Commercial Service team supporting the Waygate Business Unit.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Identify the best technical and commercial solution for Waygate Service offerings. Work with the Service, Sales and Commercial Operations organizations to build the Service proposals for new units and existing Installed Base.
- Ensure a winning strategy to grow service sales by drive the understanding of the installed configuration, review of technical requisites, identify technical risks and create the service proposal cost and margin estimation.
- Review Customer Documentation as Tender and Request for Quotation document. Evaluate risk, create mitigation strategies and adapt the Service Offering to customer requirements. At New unit deals ensure the Service results incorporation into the overall deal documentation.
- Build strong customer relationships with key service customers. Understand their needs and frame tailored service solutions to bring additional value that will afterwards be developed and executed by Regional Sales and Service teams.
- Support the commercial organization in upselling, deal closing and new opportunity discussions with Customers.
- Manage the ITO/OTR Hand over to the Service Managers. Support and consult as requested during the OTR execution phase by the Regional Field Service Managers.
- Drive continue improvement culture through identification and implementation of technical risks, best practices and productivity recommendations at service, engineering and product management, aiming for excellence execution of Service projects.
- Understand planned cost and risk per Opportunity, maximize revenue per opportunity and lobby for a healthy growing Service business.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, STEM preferred.
- Previous working experience in a Services, Commercial or Supply Chain role.
- Fluency in English and Chinese language
- Available to travel globally on short notice and up to or over 50% at certain times
Desired Characteristics :
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Passion for safety and quality
- Customer oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in cross-functional teams within a matrix environment. Ability to manage complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side and internally
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Able to adapt in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
- Ability to lead, document, plan and execute programs/projects
- Possess initiative, drive and motivation to drive change, collaboration and team engagement
- Fluency in other languages as German, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Korean.
- Willingness to travel on demand.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.