The successful candidate will:
• Work as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Support advanced R&D work with new and emerging sensing and inspection technologies.
• Develop analog and digital signal processing electronics, either as improvements to existing designs or from scratch.
• Ensure electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytical verification, production level validation, and field-testing.
• Integrate new technology, techniques and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce development and production costs.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering and contract manufacturers to plan and execute design optimization for Manufacturability and Testability.
• Develop, define and specify system and subsystem architectures and solutions that address Marketing requirements, such as Design-to-Cost.
• Interpret the relevant industry and regulatory standards that apply to products under development and ensure designs meet the applicable standards.
• Work with Development Teams, Operations/Manufacturing Engineering, contract manufacturers and suppliers to plan and develop Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability Plans.
• Ensure that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
• Lead and motivate other engineers, technicians and PCB designers in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
• Document work products in written form, e.g. technical notes, design specifications, journal publications.
• Present work achievements to the team, and when appropriate at technical conferences.The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate tradeoffs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives.
• Strong and broad technical competency.
• Detailed analysis capability using statistical tools such as Six Sigma, LEAN, and Kaizen.
• Ability to lead as well as participate on cross functional project teams.
• Ability to be an effective technical leader in multidisciplinary projects
• Ability to work independently.
• A history of robust, reliable and innovative designs brought into production.
• The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and requirements)
• A history of cooperation and technical leadership.
• Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills (across the organizational levels).
• Enthusiastic and proactive participation.
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
• Strategic thinking skills, creativity, organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to negotiate solutions.Required Education and Experience:
- BSEE, Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design, with demonstrated success carrying projects through to production
- 5+ years of experience with detailed analog signal processing circuitry, power supply design and analysis
- 5+ years of experience designing low-noise mixed signal PCBs
- Proficient with Altium and tools such as Spice, Schematic capture, and experienced with PCB layout tools
- Solid experience with root cause analysis, failure investigation, worst-case analysis etc...
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional development teams and bringing them to market.
- Demonstrated experience leading, coordinating, and solving problems with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing electronics for nuclear physics, radiation detection, industrial or oil and gas exploration sensors is highly desirable.
- Experience developing electronics for use in extreme temperature, shock and vibration environments.
- Experience in Digital signal processing on FPGAs.
- Experience in Electro-mechanical design.
- Excellent data driven analytical skills.
- Experience interacting directly with suppliers, operations/manufacturing, and engineering support services.
- Knowledge and experience relative to uncertainty and/or risk analysis.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Familiarity with SAP business system.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.