Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 19,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Provide technical support to internal and external customers. Troubleshoot and diagnose complex software issues. Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements. Collaborate with existing support staff to learn our products, teach other team members and customers about the product, and help users of the software by troubleshooting or providing input into optimizing their system. Assist in the implementation of solutions in customer test and production environments. Assist with new system deployment and patch installations. Assist in the creation of user manuals with the internal development team. Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience & Education Required:
- This is a night shift position. Candidates must be available to work US Central Time business hours. Note that the shift timing is subject to change as per the DST (Daylight Saving Time) .
- Answer phone calls, emails and other channels of communication from customers asking for assistance with product issues.
- Using specialist computer applications and mathematical models to maximize production.
- Help customers with Configuration, usage and administration of their systems.
- Resolve customer issues related to SCADA, Lift Optimization and Analytics
- Production Optimization and Oil Production Operations. Provide support to ForeSite Customers.
- Well testing and well test data management.
- Provide domain expertise to customers using Weatherford software. Training users in software usage (From an optimization, PE perspective).
- Candidate will be responsible for collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Network Optimization Software support.
- Asset Optimization principles and software usage and customer support.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of Upstream Oil & Gas Optimization Software functionality, configuration and usage
- Manage and track escalations to higher support levels and escalations to development team
- Manage adherence to SLA commitments and deviations. Use Customer Service Software tools to monitor, prioritize and deliver support services
- Participate in software testing during the release cycle.
- Support multiple versions of the software
- Create and distribute activity reports.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- B.Tech / BE / M.Tech in Petroleum or engineering discipline
- At least 1 year of software support or customer service experience
- Degree from premier institute is preferred
- Experience working with well modelling and network modelling software
- Previous experience working with production optimization software